From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sat 28 Dec 2002 - 03:31:03 GMT

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 09:34:20PM -0800, jean-philippe b??que wrote:
> Yes we have experienced the same problem. There were over 10 forced
> reboot. We were thinking our eth0 device where overloaded or broken.
> We have apply ctx16 to kernel 2.4.20. We have return with 2.4.19 and
> it still crash with the new patch. The syslog and system logs didn't
> show anything wrong. It just Freeze. We are using Via technologies
> lspci and AMD cpu. Anybody have found the bug ??? Please let me know.

If you have some time (or want to get closer to the problem,
or both), I would suggest you try the following all-in-one
patches (both) and report back if none, the first, the second,
or both of these patches show the reported instabilities on
your systems ...

(please do not add any other patches, unless absolutely necessary)

http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/linux-2.4.20-ctx14-aio.diff.bz2
http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/linux-2.4.20-ctx16-aio.diff.bz2

you can get the splitted up patch set at

http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/patches-2.4.20-ctx14
http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/patches-2.4.20-ctx16

Generated on Sat 28 Dec 2002 - 04:44:37 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3