From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Thu 26 Dec 2002 - 13:47:50 GMT

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 01:40:48PM +0100, Christoph Kuhles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all, merry x-mas to all of you.
>
> I'm having strange problems since I upgraded to kernel 2.4.20 with the
> -ctx16 patch applied. Other patches I use are patch-int-2.4.20.1 and
> loop-jari-2.4.20.0.patch from www.kerneli.org.

I had some (read a lot) troubles with 2.4.19 and the
international patches, and had some words with hvr
where he told me that he is working on it ...

> The machine has been running stable for over a month before the kernel
> upgrade. However, after I did the kernel upgrade on the 23rd, the
> machine has already crashed twice and required a local reboot till
> today. There are absolutely no messages in the logs. Kernel
> configuration is strictly the same, as well as I didn't change
> anything on the system also, so I suspect there might be a bug
> somewhere that causes these crashes.

2.4.20 itself seems pretty stable to me, although
it hasn't been available long enough to say ...

> Has anyone experienced similar issues and maybe even found a solution?
> I appreciate your help!
>
> Cheers
>
> Christoph Kuhles
> Aquatix IT-Services e.K.

Generated on Thu 26 Dec 2002 - 14:07:15 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3