From: Wray Cason (wrayman_at_auxiliumcomputing.com)
Date: Thu 19 Dec 2002 - 12:37:11 GMT

> just curious, what is that "must have" app?

Simply Accounting 9.0. I long for a good accounting package for linux. I
wasn't impressed with MyBooks and Intuit will never get my money. The only
one that I have seen that I like is Simply Accounting and of course, it is
only for winblows.

> XFree should not be required to run Xvnc ...

Indeed. the RedHat twm package "depends" on the XFree86 package so I just
went with it.

> this does not provide enough information to draw
> elaborated conclusions, but my guess would be that
> xterm tries to grab a pty, which is not available ...

That is the case as near as I can tell. It seems that xterm relies on
/dev/ttyp* instead of /dev/pts/*. I appears to me that the /dev/ttyp*
convention is old and not supported by the ctx kernel. I am thinking that
perhaps I could manually create /dev/ttyp0 to satisfy xterm. Does someone
know how I could accomplish this? Also, you appear to be running VNC just
fine in your vserver. If you are running xterm as per the default vnc
configuration, would you please tell me whether or not you have any /dev/ttyp*
files? I bet you do.

--
Wray Cason "Wrayman"
Auxilium Computing

Generated on Fri 20 Dec 2002 - 04:39:12 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3