From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 13 Dec 2002 - 22:51:33 GMT

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 12:24:57AM +0200, Burak BASKAN wrote:
> Dec 14 00:27:52 vs kernel: eth0: Promiscuous mode enabled.
> Dec 14 00:27:52 vs kernel: device eth0 entered promiscuous mode
>
> i got these msgs on my console and my machine crashes, what is that
> error and how can i fix that?

if something (for you) unknown happens on your linux box,
try to google for the message, you will be surprised how
much information is available ;)

google search (www.google.com) for 'Promiscuous mode enabled.'
shows the following links ...

http://ou800doc.caldera.com/HDK_concepts/ddT_promiscuous.html
http://www.madge.com/_assets/downloads/lsshelp8.0/LSSHelp/AdvFeat/Promisc/Promisc2.htm

the crash probably is totally unrelated to these messages.

Generated on Fri 13 Dec 2002 - 23:21:36 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3