From: Paul Sladen (vserver_at_paul.sladen.org)
Date: Fri 13 Dec 2002 - 22:53:20 GMT

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Burak BASKAN wrote:
> Dec 14 00:27:52 vs kernel: eth0: Promiscuous mode enabled.
> Dec 14 00:27:52 vs kernel: device eth0 entered promiscuous mode

This is when the ethernet card is being switched from listening to only MAC
address to listening to everything. (Eg: when the additional IP aliases for
the vservers are being bound).

> i got these msgs on my console and my machine crashes

Can you expand on `crash'? Do you get an Oops/stack-dump? Do you loose
network? Do you get anything from SysReq on the serial/console? If you
`strace' the command that you ran before it crashed, where does it hang?

        -Paul

--
Nottingham, GB