From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Tue 03 Dec 2002 - 16:42:56 GMT

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:41:05 -0500, John Goerzen wrote
> In article <20021202234619.64d35fd4dd6d_at_remtk.solucorp.qc.ca>, Jacques Gelinas wrote:
> > -We also need private network loopback devices.
>
> I think you're saying we need a way to have vservers communicate with each
> other internally using TCP/IP.

No, we need a way for one vserver to listen on 127.0.0.1 and expect only its
own process to reach the service. This is what any unix admin expects.

> They already can, thanks to the kernel's dummy driver. Just set an IP for
> the host, and one for each vserver, and they can all communicate with those
> IPs.

> Of course, the problem is that vserver doesn't yet support multiple IP
> addresses from different subnets, so at the moment they can't communicate to
> anyone else. I'm just saying, if that problem gets fixed, then you get this
> one for free :-)

I don't understand. A vserver can talk to another vserver using whatever IP
the second is using, be it on the same subnet or not. This is irrelevant.

Do you have an example.