From: Mefford, Aaron (amefford_at_about-inc.com)
Date: Mon 28 Oct 2002 - 23:11:07 GMT

I have this same question. I would love to know what experience people have
had with the use of iSCSI in general and more specifically with a vserver
solution.

For the matter of NFS, I would typically agree with you but experience has
show that Network Appliance makes nfs work well. I have worked with
environments that leverage Netapps for several years now and found that the
typical problems people identify with NFS are not present when using Netapp.
Also, Netapp has promised to provide iSCSI support when it becomes an
official standard.

So if you can't find another solution for centralized storage (short of
EMC/fiber) consider the Netapp and NFS. If you do find a working solution I
would love to hear about it.

Aaron