From: Dave (djp_at_comm.it)
Date: Tue 08 Oct 2002 - 22:00:30 BST

> gcc -funsigned-char -Wall -g -O3 -DVERSION=\"0.20\" chbind.cc syscall.o -o
> chbind \
> -lstdc++
> In file included from chbind.cc:16:
> vutil.h:26: 'string' is used as a type, but is not defined as a type.
> vutil.h:27: 'string' is used as a type, but is not defined as a type.

Hmmm.... I need some sleep, so no time to check, but it looks like gcc
is compiling with standard C instead of using the C++ string type which
is in the stl. maybe compiling with g++ will fix it (or using a proper
parameter to gcc).

Give it a try...

Dave.

PS: rh8 is based on 3.2, but don't forget their use of the unreleased
2.96 till now. However, I was referring to the supposed
incompatibilities in the binary formats (this comes from my memory, so I
apologize if I'm not exact).

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:43 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3