From: Golden Planet Support (support_at_goldenplanet.dk)
Date: Wed 21 Aug 2002 - 16:12:12 BST

Hello All

I'm having problems vith vunify and vrpm after upgrading from v0.18
to v0.19. From what I understand the vunify utility should now be
able to do a unify between the root server and a vserver - but when
doing a

vunify / vserver1 vserver2 -- ALL

- I get the following error:

/usr/sbin/chroot: cannot execute /bin/rpm: No such file or directory

That looks a lot like the behavior of the old vunify command....?

The vrpm appears to be entirely broken - if I do a

vrpm ALL -- - Uvh package.rpm

- I get this error, once per vserver:

New security context is 4
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Permission denied (13)
error: cannot open Packages database in /vservers/vserver/var/lib/rpm

I'm just upgraded the kernel to 2.4.19ctx-13 (rolled a new RPM from
source+patch and installed it) just to make sure that everything is
up-to-date so that should not be the problem.

If I revert to v0.18 everything is running fine again - but I would
really like to be able to unify my vservers against the root server.

I'm starting to feel stupid - any ideas?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Anders C. Madsen

Golden Planet Tel.: +45 7020 9594 Dalbygade 40 Fax.: +45 7020 9592 DK-6000 Kolding http://www.goldenplanet.dk --

Generated on Wed 06 Nov 2002 - 07:03:42 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3