From: Lyn St George (lyn_at_zolotek.net)
Date: Tue 13 Aug 2002 - 00:07:26 BST

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:43:40 -0700, Cathy Sarisky wrote:

>Ah, I think I understand my problem with vunify. Do I understand correctly
>that vunify only works with rpms? Eww.. I have stuff built from source. :(

My servers are also built entirely from tarballs, as I have a personal
aversion to that RPM thing.

If you have a "template" / "skeleton" / "reference" server from which
all the hard links are made to the VS's, then it should be just a matter
of upgrading the reference server, without having to use any of the
vunify or other scripts. (though it's late and I've just had a few
drinks with my cousins ..... )
-
Cheers
Lyn St George