From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Wed 10 Jul 2002 - 23:38:36 BST

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 16:38:29 -0500, Viorel B. Stan wrote
> For some project I'm working on I need to execute commands inside a
> vserver, under a certain vserver uid. I've patched a bit the capchroot file
> to accept 1 extra command line parameter specifying the UID for the
> command; it uses suid to change the uid before spawning a command.
> Patched the vserver script also by adding a "suexec" option, similar to the
> "exec" one.
> It would be cool if this feature will be included in the next vserver
> release. I can help with that if needed.

I have reworked your patch. The option -suid became --suid and I made
the option order not relevant.

I also reworked your vserver patch. I created a suexec like you did and then
implement the old exec as "suexec root". Less duplication this way.

Will be in the next release. Thanks!