From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Wed 27 Mar 2002 - 00:23:23 GMT

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:30:13 -0500, Peter Kwan Chan wrote
> Hello,
> I have only been using vserver for a couple of days. I use it to isolate
> an FTP server in a dedicated server I got from a datacenter. The server
> has been going down mysteriously. Whenever I bring it up, after a few
> hours (7-11 hours), it will go down for no apparent reason. A
> remote-reboot will usually bring it back up.
> Is there any known bug that may cause this? I am collaborating with the
> tech support to determine if this is a kernel issue or a hardware issue.

There is an issue with kernel 2.4.18ctx-9. It locks the server completly when
accessing /proc/net/tcp (or doing netstat) for one. Other kernels are fine such
as 2.4.18ctx-8. We do not know yet why ctx-9 is buggy as it differs very
little from ctx-8.