Re: [vserver] Moving away from VServer

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Sun 04 Jul 2021 - 14:34:32 BST

On Sat, Jul 03, 2021 at 05:52:34PM +0200, Romain Rivière wrote:
> Hi,

>>> What's the ballpark figure for the cost of a recent kernel patch?

>> Ballpark figure is 5k EUR.

> And how many users would be ready to work towards that goal?
> I'd be in if there were more than a handful of us!

So far, if I'm not completely mistaken, there would be two
people ready to put up some money. You and Ghislain.

> BTW, did the dietlibc build logs help in any way?

I had a brief look into it and it seems to be the usual
hardened toolchain causes problems with dietlibc issue, but
I'm not the expert on dietlibc and Daniel is likely able
to pinpoint and maybe solve it when he finds the time.

Thanks,
Herbert