[vserver] Moving away from VServer

From: Romain Rivière <romain+vserver_at_forty-two.fr>
Date: Fri 11 Jun 2021 - 17:58:26 BST

Hi there,

Until now, I had managed to maintain a couple of ebuilds in order to
keep my linux-vserver hosts running with Gentoo as the base distro.

However, it seems like this is coming to an end too. Building dietlibc
with gcc 10 results in a segmentation fault. While it still builds
nicely with gcc 9, I feel like this is the curtain call for me. I am
probably going to move to Proxmox VE and LXC/KVM QEMU in the near
future. I really wish I could keep on using LVS, but the hassle of
maintaining an older kernel has somewhat lost of its appeal :)

I would like to thank the whole team for their effort through all these
years. In addition to providing us with a great tool and feature set, I
have learned much by using Linux VServer. I'll keep an eye on things in
case something happens though ;)

Cheers!

--
Romain