[vserver] Issue with Debian 10 guest on Debian 10 host

From: Juraj Pisarcik <juraj.pisarcik_at_f4s.sk>
Date: Fri 15 May 2020 - 07:01:46 BST

I have new installation of Debian 10 server with latest 4.9 beng kernel and
latest util-vserver-systemd packages.
Creating of new Debian 9 guest works fineand it's running OK. Problem is
with Debian 10 guest, it is created successfuly, but I'm not able to start
it. I was trying create guest with or without systemd (systemd is always
installed)
I'm longtime linux-vserver admin (more than 10 years).

guest create:
/usr/sbin/vserver vsystem10 build -m debootstrap --i-know-its-there
--rootdir /etc/vservers/.defaults/vdirbase --hostname vsystem10 --interface
bond0:192.168.3.20/24 --context 20 -- -d buster -m
http://ftp.debian.org/debian -- --include=sysvinit-core,lsb-release
--exclude=systemd
guest start:
root@srv3:~# vserver vsystem10 start
No command given; use '--help' for more information.

An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when
there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script
() failed.

Common causes are:
* /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' build
  method knows how to deal with this, but on existing installations,
  appending 'true' to this file will help.

Failed to start vserver 'vsystem10'

Thanks for help
Juraj