[vserver] /var/run/vservers/$vserver keeps disappearing

From: Christoph Pleger <Christoph.Pleger_at_cs.tu-dortmund.de>
Date: Wed 18 Apr 2018 - 08:39:02 BST

Hello,

a short time after my vservers were started, the vserver utility says
that the vservers are not running anymore. I now discovered that this is
because /var/run/vservers/$vserver disappear after a short vserver
uptime. So, I restored the files manually, but they disappeared again.
What is happening there?

I applied the vserver patch on Debian kernel 4.9.0-6, which really is
4.9.82 with some patches. util-vserver is version 0.30.216-pre3131.

Regards
    Christoph