Re: [vserver] Which Vserver Kernels are Considered Stable

From: Ben Green <ben_at_bristolwireless.net>
Date: Wed 19 Jul 2017 - 09:03:38 BST

Quoting Ivan Avery Frey <ivan@gmx.it>:

> I presume it would be relatively safe to use a vserver kernel from
> the Psand repository?
>
> Respectfully yours,
> Ivan Avery Frey.

Hi,

we use our kernels in production, others do too. They've been somewhat
late on fixing vulnerabilities (Herbert is currently patching for
stack clash), but other than that they are more than stable, we've had
uptime of years on some of them, though obviously the newer ones we
haven't had time for that. Linux-Vserver is a very mature environment
with stability levels which haven't had any failures for us in a long
time.

I've been having some problems booting 4.1 on some servers, probably
config issues, but other than that it's fine. 3.18 is the most common
production kernel for us.

You should find in general that they just work.

The above statements do not represent any kind of warrantee or guarantee.

Cheers,
Ben