Re: [vserver] CVE-2016-10229: MSG_PEEK - URGENT patch needed

From: Ben Green <ben_at_bristolwireless.net>
Date: Tue 02 May 2017 - 10:13:58 BST

Quoting Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>:

>> No reason other than it would be good for everyone to
>> have it and I'm not sure how to create the Deb files
>> like you do.
>
> I'm not creating any deb files, but I'm not Ben either ...
>
> And I'm certainly not speaking for him, but I think that
> if you use his packages on a regular basis and kind of
> 'depend' on them being up-to-date, you might consider
> asking nicely for an update or maybe even donate something
> to say thanks ...

Hi all,

I'd like a patched kernel too. I'm more than happy to compile a kernel
and patchset that I'm given. The job of checking the patch against the
vserver patched kernel is not one I'm keen to take on. I am very busy
at the moment. If someone can confirm that the patch works for a
vserver patched kernel, then the job of compiling, and a quick test of
the result, is one I'm happy to take on.

Donations always appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben