[vserver] Assigning a specific network interface to a specific guest

From: Tor Rune Skoglund <trs_at_swi.no>
Date: Wed 16 Mar 2016 - 11:53:14 GMT

Hi dear List,

what are my options for "assigning" a specific network interface to a
specific guest and letting it mess around and do whatever it like with
that particular interface at its own will? (E.g doing packet sniffing,
tcpdump, etc)

I am hoping there was some way to do this, e.g. in a somewhat similar
way that can be done with e.g. serial devices and other /dev entries,
i.e. creating the device node for the device inside the guest's /dev dir.

Of course, network interfaces are different, so any good ideas or
pointers to start with are very much appreciated.

BR,
Tor Rune Skoglund, trs@swi.no