Re: [vserver] Adding openrisc architecture support

From: Marco Carnut <kiko_at_tempest.com.br>
Date: Fri 06 Mar 2015 - 11:00:26 GMT

Bertl,

> Some modifications regarding kernel logging might
> not be properly adapted, but that shouldn't stop
> Linux-VServer from working.
>
> My best guess is that the userspace syscall
> wrapper doesn't work properly, so I would double
> and triple check that first, with vcmd and strace
> which has some support for Linux-VServer.

Many little things insisted on the wrong syscall
number because I was cross compiling. After digging
deeper in the ifdef chains and some more hammering
around with musl vs dietlibc differences, I got it
working.

Now that I know what it takes, I'll redo from scratch
to make a clean, neat patch. Is it ok to send patches
to the list or should I send them somewhere else?

> > Can anyone point me to the right direction?
> > I may be able to set up a test rig via SSH for
> > joint work if anyone else is interested in this.
>
> If I remember correctly, QEMU supports OpenRISC,
> so I would suggest to create a simple virtual
> environment which has the necessary native
> compilers and allows for booting a cross compiled
> kernel (which you can also supply to get started).

I got it working (under jor1k -- see jor1k.com --,
which I think it's kinda sweet :)

Thanks!

-Marco.