Re: [vserver] Unable to set vshelper 3.18

From: Etienne Vogt <Etienne.Vogt_at_obspm.fr>
Date: Fri 06 Feb 2015 - 10:38:17 GMT

On Fri, 6 Feb 2015, Ben Green wrote:

> Okay just a quick note on this "should be expected to work". Why? I have no
> obligation to provide working kernels and have no intent of ever supporting
> the 3.18 kernels within wheezy. They are provided as is, with absolutley no
> obligation on my part to make any functional changes. Just so you know the
> situation.

I never said that you have to support 3.18 on wheezy.
What I meant is that a package available under a wheezy tagged branch
should not be incompatible with said distribution.
I tried it on a test system and was somewhat disappointed to see it fail
so badly.

> Thanks very much for the config fix, but no thankyou to expectations and
> 'shoulds' being bandied about.

I'm sorry if you felt I was somewhat agressive about this.
You are doing a great work with these vserver kernels.

> The kernel is available on jessie too, compiled on jessie. There's a chance I
> might be maintaining a 3.18 line for Jessie. It's looking pretty good so far.

That's fine for me.

Best wishes,

--
 		Etienne Vogt (Etienne.Vogt@obspm.fr)