Re: [vserver] Unable to set vshelper 3.18

From: Alexander Sulfrian <alexander_at_sulfrian.net>
Date: Wed 04 Feb 2015 - 14:39:49 GMT

On Tue, 2015-02-03 at 10:45 -0600, Corey Wright wrote:

> [...]
>
> sorry for the delay, but i had to work out the initrd error about no
> permission to write to /sys/kernel/uevent_helper (ie wheezy's udev still
> requires CONFIG_UEVENT_HELPER=y, though turned-off in debian's 3.18 config in
> experimental).

My hosts also failed booting because of this bug. The wheezy-backports
version fixes the script in the initramfs (debian bug #752742). udev
does not need uevent_helper anymore, but the script in the initramfs
unconditionally write to that file and dies (because of set -e).

Unfortunately the wheezy-backports version does not fix a similar bug in
the init script for udev (debian bug 756312). But this is not so
critical, the server at least can boot with this issue.

> corey

Alex