[vserver] util-vserver and dietlibc

From: Tor Rune Skoglund <trs_at_swi.no>
Date: Sun 27 Jul 2014 - 22:14:24 BST

Hello List,

would it be possible to removed the dependency of dietlibc for util-vserver?

There are at least two problems building recent util-vserver versions on
Gentoo, although (as to my limited knowledge) these are caused
non-updated dietlibc packages.

It has now come to a point where the latest Gentoo util-vserver package
will be removed from the Gentoo package repositories:

"!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- sys-cluster/util-vserver-0.30.216_pre3038::gentoo (masked by:
package.mask)
/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
# Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> (27 Jul 2014)
# Not building since 2012 (#423799). Removal in a
# month. "

Although the correct would be to fix dietlibc, I fear that that will not
happen. Instead, could dietlibc dependency be removed from util-vserver,
so that it will build correctly, and we will be able to keep it in
Gentoo? (util-vserver is the only package requiring dietlibc on my
system....)

I'm sorry for "poluting" the list with something that is mostly
Gentoo-specific. However, the dietlibc dependency is (AFAIK) generic.

I am sure someone has some more insight to share on this issue than me.

BR,
Tor Rune Skoglund, trs@swi.no