Re: AW: [vserver] Ubuntu LTS guest?

From: Tor Rune Skoglund <trs_at_swi.no>
Date: Thu 05 Jun 2014 - 11:49:18 BST

Den 21. mai 2014 16:33, skrev Fiedler Roman:
>> Von: Tor Rune Skoglund [mailto:trs@swi.no]
>> has anyone tried any Ubuntu LTS release like 12 or (upcoming 14) as a
>> vserver guest?
>
> We were using Precise (> 100 guests), now we have already some Trusty (1404)
> guests running. Guest setup was exactly the same for both but Trusty host
> requires other firewalling/ulog/audit configuration to isolate the vservers
> and log invalid access attempts.
>
> Hints: Would have to look it up, if you have some specific problem/question.
> Guest rollout is completely automated since ~2010 (Ubuntu Lucid), and in the
> meantime I've forgotten, what all happens in that process.

Just to finish up on this one, the installation and first starts went
fairly well using the (not-all-up-to-date) Wiki guides. However, we ran
into problems with getting services started, which we tracked down to
upstart not getting, setting or understanding the runlevel or something.
In the end, we ran out of time and switched to VirtualBox for the Ubuntu
12LTS machine.

However, we are still interested in getting Ubuntu up as vserver guest,
and if you or anyone has some updated light to shed on running Ubuntu 12
guest, I would really appreciate it. An update to the Wiki would be
nice, or even I could do so if mailed some info.

BR,
Tor Rune Skoglund, trs@swi.no / trs@fourc.eu