Re: [vserver] vserver hangs the server

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 14:21:02 BST

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 02:15:27PM +0700, Sergiusz Pawlowicz wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Urban Loesch <bind@enas.net> wrote:

>> For me the only solution now is to give the guest enough
>> memory so that it can't reach the limits.

>> From my experience, on 3.4x line cgroups are able to enforce limits,

> on later kernels whole server hangs. But sticking to 3.4x is
> not a long term solution.

> If the issue won't get resolved, unfortunately it means we will
> have to escape from linux-vserver to KVM, where cgroups work
> properly :-(

We do not modify the mainline cgroup system, so it is the same
system whether you use it for Linux-VServer or KVM, which in
turn means, if it is broken in one of the upstream kernels
(and it looks like it has some issues in certain kernel versions)
it will be broken for Linux-VServer (and KVM) as well.

Best,
Herbert