[vserver] VPS Restoration using Symantec BackupExec

From: <DLASALLE_at_barreau.qc.ca>
Date: Wed 16 Apr 2014 - 20:18:31 BST

Hello,

My organisation has been using Symantec Backup Exec for doing the backups of our VPSes. Now our server died and we are having troubles restoring the backup from the tape. Would anybody have any experience with such setup?

If not, would you happen to have the best practices for backing up Vserver VPSes on tape (which is hosted on a Windows machine)? All that I am able to find are rsync and scp/nfs solutions.

Lastly, yes, I am fully aware of all of the technical constraints.

Thanks,
[cid:image001.gif@01CE6688.98AF8C30]

Daniel LaSalle | Administrateur de systèmes et support aux usager(e)s

T : 514 954-3400, poste 3674 | Sans frais : 1 800 361-8495

Maison du Barreau | 445, boul. Saint-Laurent, Montréal QC H2Y 3T8
dlasalle_at_barreau.qc.ca<mailto:dlasalle_at_barreau.qc.ca> | http://www.barreau.qc.ca<http://www.barreau.qc.ca/>

P Avant l'impression, pensez-y... Est-ce vraiment nécessaire?

image001.jpg