Re: [vserver] linux-vserver, lxc and docker, +++

From: Ghislain <gadnet_at_aqueos.com>
Date: Thu 27 Mar 2014 - 13:33:46 GMT

hello,

Vserver use cgroup and namespace since years, funny to see how people
just reprint rumors they saw somewhere instead of doing some simple
fact checking themselves :)

It also put in light the trust you can put in his work, you do not
compare thing based on rumors but on fact. At least this works for me :)

The main issue with vserver is that it does thing with Kiss principle
and most prefer complicated fancy shiny tech over effective , simple,
proven and ligth ones. There is also no evangelist for vserver where
all the others are backed up by company and evangelist that do PR work.
Daniel and Bertl are tech people not PR people :'p

I am not saying the complicated one or the beta test bed ones (not that
parrallels would ever use the open source version to test and debug the
commercial version of course) do not work in their ways, just that
there is some strange vision on vserver sometimes. I am very satisfied
by the stability and simplicity of vservers since 8 years that i use it
now.

Regards,
Ghislain.