Re: [vserver] add-ons to vserver to approximate Proxmox VE

From: Eugen Leitl <eugen_at_leitl.org>
Date: Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 10:37:30 GMT

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 09:33:03AM +0100, Ghislain wrote:
> Le 13/02/2014 10:30, Eugen Leitl a écrit :
> >I've been looking at some VMWare ESXi alternatives lately, and
> >checked out Proxmox VE. I don't really need KVM, and OpenVZ is
> >not quite as lightweight as Linux VServer. However, the Proxmox VE
> >has a lot of nice things, UI-wise.
> >
> >Has anyone made a web interface to administer/monitor vserver guests?
> >

> virtualmin "owncloud" seems to be compatible with vserver, do not
> had the chance to look at it. they have demo versions

I've used both OwnCloud (within guests) and Webmin (on the host).
However, they do not offer any way to monitor or administer vserver
guests.

I'm looking at way to look at individual guest load (cpu, network,
i/o) both graphed in realtime or historical data (rrdtools), monitor
running guests and send email or grown notifications, and so on.