Re: [vserver] Per Guest Statistics

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 20 Nov 2013 - 01:28:02 GMT

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 11:38:35PM +0000, Sergiusz Pawlowicz wrote:
> I am using htop, which is very recommended:

> # vcontext --migrate --xid 1 -- htop

> but with vserver on kernels starting from 3.x it lost
> the most important part: it does not show I/O values :-(

So to clarify, running something like

 # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null &

shows up in 'htop' with high I/O values but doesn't
show any I/O in 'chcontext --xid 1 -- htop'?

> I was reporting this issue many times to vserver
> developers, but unfortunately they have no time to
> fix it.

If so, please run both htop invocations with
strace -fF on an unloaded host (minimal processes
and no guest running) and upload the dumps somewhere
where I can reach them.

If not, please clarify what issue you are observing
and provide some examples to test with.

Thanks in advance,
Herbert