AW: [vserver] rkhunter Warns: Hidden ports found:

From: Fiedler Roman <Roman.Fiedler_at_ait.ac.at>
Date: Thu 24 Oct 2013 - 15:39:46 BST

> Von: Bendtsen, Jon [mailto:Jon.Bendtsen@laerdal.dk]
>

> On 24/10/2013, at 15.56, Fiedler Roman <Roman.Fiedler@ait.ac.at> wrote:
>
> >> Von: Ghislain [mailto:gadnet@aqueos.com]

> >> netstat -nlp; done Roman
> >>
> >> I think you meant :
> >>
> >> vsomething vserver -- --running -- exec netstat -nlp
> >
> > If I had known it, I should have meant that.
>
> vsomething does not appear to work for me. But here are netstat output

So it seems, that most of dedicates service ports are both in netstat output and rkhunter output. The correlation for unassigned highports was quite bad, perhaps they were only used temporarily for callbacks. To be sure, one could compare multiple rkhunter outputs and check those highports occurring in multiple rkhunter runs.