Re: [vserver] util-vserver-build - support for EL6?

From: Gordan Bobic <gordan_at_bobich.net>
Date: Fri 28 Jun 2013 - 15:56:40 BST

 On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 07:19:33 -0700, Roderick A anderson
 <raanders42@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/28/2013 01:58 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>> Is there any interest in including EL6 support in
>> util-vserver-build? I notice that EL6 (or EL anything)
>> is not included.
>
> Yes! Though I use CentOS it shouldn't be too difficult to add/modify
> the EL6 file(s). I'm getting ready to build two hosts and need/want
> to use CentOS.

 I see EL is a family of OS-es (hence why I say EL
 rather than a specific distro name), including
 CentOS, Scientific Linux, RedSleeve, and of course
 their upstream RHEL.

>> If this is something intended to be done by the end
>> user from scratch, that's fair enough, but then why
>> bother including templates for RH9 and FC 1-7? I
>> cannot imagine there being a lot of VServer users
>> using those.
>>
>> I'm happy to provide the files I use if there is
>> interest in including them in the official packages.
>
> Interest++

 It really comes down to whether there is willingness
 to update the vserver-util packages to include this
 stuff. I can probably manage to keep patched EL6 yum
 reasonably up to date (on demand, mostly), at least
 for the foreseeable future, but including EL6 support
 in the build package is mostly just a one-off that
 I think would be quite handy to have upstream.

 Gordan