[vserver] Kludgy fix to missing /proc/net under net namespaces

From: Marco Carnut <kiko_at_tempest.com.br>
Date: Thu 02 May 2013 - 01:38:02 BST

Hi,

I ran into an issue where /proc/net entries
were missing in guest vservers using network
namespaces.

A quick search revealed that this issue was
already reported:

http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/archives/201206/0020.html

But apparently no solution came out.

I wrote a patch that fixes this issue, so that programs like netstat,
ifconfig, etc., work as
expected.

This patch is a big fat kludge. Although I believe
it fixes the problem hopefully without introducing
new ones, it is almost certainly not the best
approach -- since I'm a total newbie about vserver
kernel hacking and this is the product of one
single afternoon of delving through the relevant
code, I can't really be sure there are no side
effects. So it is meant only as a starting
point for discussions about how to properly fix
this issue. Use at your own risk.

I would very much appreciate suggestions from
more experienced coders on the proper approach
to fix this.

Best,

-Marco "Kiko" Carnut // melbar