Re: [vserver] Vserver on debian wheezy

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 25 Apr 2013 - 16:11:44 BST

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 04:14:14PM +0200, Etienne Vogt wrote:
> Hello,

> Is there anyone here running Vserver under Debian wheezy with
> the LiHas packages for kernel and util-vserver ?

> As we have critical systems here at Paris Observatory currently
> running Vserver under Debian squeeze and wheezy is now near
> official release, I tried setting up a test system for Vserver
> on wheezy, but trying to start a vserver guest on this host
> fails with the following error :

critical systems should always have an admin
(or at least a service contract) to trouble
shoot issues like those ...

> ~# vserver -v testvm start
> New network context is 2
> Adding <ip removed>
> New security context is 2
> save_ctxinfo: open("/var/run/vservers/testvm"): Permission denied

looks like a configuration problem to me

i.e. either barrier somewhere on the path or
tempfs which doesn't exist in the guest space
or just a misconfiguration on the util-vserver
setup.

did you try to build at least util-vserver
yourself (recent version like 0.30.216-pre3038)
with non debian (i.e. the default :) pathes
for guest data?

(that might help to sort out package issues)

HTH,
Herbert