Re: [vserver] Linux-vserver + Arm

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Sun 10 Mar 2013 - 19:15:13 GMT

On Sat, Mar 09, 2013 at 01:09:38AM +0100, Tor Rune Skoglund wrote:
> Hi List,

> I am to start experimenting with an Arm based solution in some
> weeks, and would love to be able to run a recent linux-vserver
> system on it.

> Googling Arm and linux-vserver did not give a concluding answer.

> http://kb.haeringer.org/virtualization-on-arm-with-lxc/
> claims that it is most likely not easily doable, while the
> wiki immodestly lists Arm as one of the many supported
> architectures....

> Does anyone have any actual experiences on this that they could
> share? Or any qualified insight on state of affairs for Arm +
> vserver (for the time...)?

Linux-VServer supports all architecture the Mainline
Kernels support, so yes, arm is definitely supported.
And although we do not have the resources to test
Linux-VServer kernels on all Mainline architectures,
if Linux-VServer does not work on one of those, it's
considered a bug and should be reported (to us).

Userspace might be non trivial to get working, as dietlibc
only supports a subset (which should include arm) but
the kernel side is supposed to work out of the box.