Re: [vserver] [iotop]?

From: Sergiusz Pawlowicz <sergiusz_at_pawlowicz.name>
Date: Mon 22 Oct 2012 - 16:47:09 BST

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Adrian Reyer <are@lihas.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 04:00:39PM +0100, Sergiusz Pawlowicz wrote:
>> Any ideas how to make iotop working? It was working well before 3.x came.
>
> mkdir /etc/vservers/.defaults/apps/vprocunhide
> cp /usr/lib/util-vserver/defaults/vprocunhide-files /etc/vservers/.defaults/apps/vprocunhide/files
> echo /proc/vmstat >> /etc/vservers/.defaults/apps/vprocunhide/files
> /etc/init.d/vprocunhide start
>
> The name of the init script and the source of vprocunhide-files might
> vary with your distribution.

It works, Adrian, thanks! I have added it into the FAQ:

http://linux-vserver.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions#I_want_iotop_to_display_all_guest_processes_on_host_to_give_me_a_nice_overview_of_I.2FO_usage.

Do you know maybe how to achieve the same with htop? IO columns are
displaying zeros, even when iotop works well now.

Serge