[vserver] Vserver and X11

From: Tor Rune Skoglund <trs_at_sg.no>
Date: Tue 19 Jun 2012 - 18:58:23 BST

Hi List,

doing some X11 testing here which I hope someone could comment.

Anyone got any real life experiences regarding X11 performance of X
clients running in a guest, but connecting by tcp/ip to the xorg server
running on the host?

Basically, x11perf, glxgears and such show no real performance decrease
compared to running the X client on the host itself.

Kind of expected since there is no network emulation layer and no
traffic running over a wire, but then, I am running all this inside a
virtualbox environment, so that could be the limiting factor in this case...

Anyone run X on a real host on a decent or Intel GPU, then running X
clients inside guests and can comment on the performance?

Thanks for any comment, or possible ideas to secure the best possible
performance in general for graphical applications?

- Tor Rune Skoglund, vserver user since 2001