[vserver] Network namepsace in vserver - can not use ifconfig in guest

From: Steve Kieu <msh.computing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 24 May 2012 - 12:43:56 BST

Hello List,

I follow this guide to use network namespace for my vserver

http://www.pld-linux.org/Docs/Vserver#head-23617c6842424b1f0ff988634b39000b6137f60c

which works.

But when I enter the guest if run ifconfig or route I got message :

Warning: cannot open /proc/net/dev (No such file or directory). Limited
output.

Well I use the ip command to set the link up and add IP and router, all
apps using networking
   works as normal. I guessfor some reason the /proc/net is hidden - how
can I expose it if I use network namespace?

Note that if I do not use it, my vserver is normal with ifconfig and
router, and /proc/net looks normal as well

Many thanks

--
Steve Kieu