Re: [vserver] High Systemload and many Processes in D state

From: Urban Loesch <bind_at_enas.net>
Date: Fri 18 May 2012 - 14:30:57 BST

Hi Gishlain,

thanks for your anwser.

If I stop Dovecot then I have to wait a couple of minutes (2-3) and all the processes in D state are disappearing.
Also the kernel thread [fsnotify_mark] goes in sleep state and the systemload goes down to normal values.

I use the following cgroup limits:

mount options:
vserver on /dev/cgroup type cgroup (rw,cpuset,cpu,cpuacct,memory,devices,freezer,net_cls,blkio,perf_event)

In /etc/vservers/$VSNAME/cgroup" if have:

cpuset.cpus: 0-5
cpu.shares: 512
memory.limit_in_bytes: 4G
memory.memsw.limit_in_bytes: 6G

Currently there is only 1 vServer running on this Host.

Perhaps I should completly disable cgroup? Do you know how I can do this?

Sorry, but I have never heard about dlimit?

Thanks and reagards
Urban