Re: [vserver] New kernels in repo.psand.net

From: Jean Weisbuch <jean_at_phpnet.org>
Date: Mon 07 May 2012 - 17:32:02 BST

Le 07/05/2012 13:12, Eugen Leitl a écrit :
> On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 12:01:02PM +0100, Ben Green wrote:
>> Quoting Tomasz Pajor<nikon@puffy.pl>:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I keep getting segmentation faults from time to time.
>>> Mainly on apt.
>>>
>>> E: Method rred has died unexpectedly!
>>> E: Sub-process rred received a segmentation fault.
>> I'm pretty sure that's a wheezy problem, rather than anything kernel
>> related. I recall that message from a while ago. Most people running
>> wheezy also have sid in their repos, so if there's updates to apt or
>> dpkg updates in sid, you might want to try those, also have a look on
>> the Debian bugtracker.
> I've been having a few kernel crashes lately with
> 3.0.24-vs2.3.2.3-beng with a squeeze guest running Tor
> (I don't know how often yet, probably once a week or
> two).
>
> Does anybody else have strange crashes with the same
> kernel?
We had kernel panic on this very kernel :
http://list.linux-vserver.org/archive?mss:5834:ppphpmdbegeaoemoogfb
However, we didnt have this problems on 3.0.22 and older kernels and we
dont have the problem (so far at least) on 3.2.15-vs2.3.2.8-beng x86_64
with at least 5 or 6 servers on it since last week.