Re: [vserver] Problem with locks

From: Adrian Reyer <are_at_lihas.de>
Date: Mon 19 Mar 2012 - 15:38:18 GMT

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 03:50:21PM +0100, PSTM wrote:
> >find what creates filesystem locks and doesn't release
> >them when done and fix the software ...
> I think that could be postfix. But after kill all programs (except
> sshd) locks still unavailable.
> Kernel should releases the locks, I think...

We run postfix within VServers for years now, >180k good mails/day
passed and >1.8m spams blocked per day. We never experienced any
problems with locks. Postfix is always current Debian stable postfix.
Filesystem went from ext3 to ext4 on DRBD on LVM.
The problems I ran into had mostly been open files limit which needed to
be increased. Checking google for your error leads to your posts on
postfix-users. Wietse Venemas hint on default_process_limit = 10
would hint very much to open files limit. I ran into these when I raised
the 100 max smtp processes to 2500. Back then no TLS had been involved,
this got configured only later.
It is an acient installation, updated over and over, but it says:
# cat /etc/vservers/NAME/rlimits/openfd
500000

I hope this helps in tracking down your issue.

Regards,
        Adrian

--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91