Re: [vserver] Ubuntu 10.4.4, cron and upstart

From: Grzegorz Nosek <grzegorz.nosek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat 17 Mar 2012 - 18:10:13 GMT

W dniu 17.03.2012 03:04, Herbert Poetzl pisze:
> if you already have sysv-init scripts, what's the point of
> running upstart? I mean, don't get me wrong but the sysv
> init style should do perfectly fine with any sysv-init
> scripts without the need for an actual init process ...

The problem (at least with 12.04) is that at least some of the scripts
have been converted to upstart services and simply call the upstart
tools to start/stop etc. Dropping upstart would require rewriting these
scripts to start the services directly. Not impossible by any means but
an unneeded incompatibility wrt. upstream Ubuntu.

Best regards,
  Grzegorz Nosek