I'm trying to configure networking on a machine, where we cannot use any private network for internal communication because I might need to receive traffic from that network. So I can only use loopback, one private IP-Range IP (server external IP) and I do not want to grab one public IP-range for internal communication if avoidable.
Is this configuration with special combination of nflags and dev settings possible (CAVEAT: network prefixes atypical)?
* Guest ctx=3: Inside guest bind and connect to 127.0.0.1/24 is remapped to 127.0.3.1 and stays inside guest
* Guest ctx=4: Inside guest bind and connect to 127.0.0.1/24 is remapped to 127.0.4.1 and stays inside guest
* Guest ctx=3: Inside guest connect to 127.0.4.1/24 goes to guest ctx=4 network stack (inter-guest comm)
* Guest ctx=4: Inside guest connect to 127.0.3.1/24 goes to guest ctx=3 network stack (inter-guest comm)
* Guest ctx=3,4: Inside guest connects to any loopback IP-Range not bound to any guest goes to host, e.g. 127.255.255.1 (if something is listening on host on that IP/port)
If not, would a special nflags, dev config configuration together with a modification of vserver patch (change 127.0.0.0/8 to 127.0.0.0/24 somewhere) be sufficient?
Received on Wed Feb 29 11:40:39 2012