Re: [vserver] how to use 'skeleton' method to create a vps?

From: Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel_at_hozac.com>
Date: Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 10:13:27 GMT

songjun435 wrote:
> hi~
> how could I build a vps by the method "skeleton"?
> I use it like this:
> 1. vserver nova build -m skeleton --hostname nova.domain.com --interface
> eth0:192.168.155.50/24

The skeleton build method doesn't actually build a guest. It builds a skeleton.
It's then up to you to populate it with everything that is needed to be a
guest.

> <snip>
> so,could you tell me something wrong? how should I use 'skeleton' to create a vps?
> or could you tell how should I to create a vps without the network except the old 'legacy'
> method?
> BTW,I use the CentOS,

You could point yum at e.g. a DVD and use that to install guests.
If you have no media and no network connection, you are pretty much
limited to copying the host and performing significant cleaning...

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson