Re: [vserver] ext4 inode tagging

From: Art -kwaak- van Breemen <ard_at_telegraafnet.nl>
Date: Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 17:36:16 GMT

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 03:13:51AM +0100, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> it might not be working as expected as nobody I know
> uses ext4 (too fragile and buggy) yet, but it should
> definitely be supported/implemented in recent kernels
Actually we switched to ext4 a long time ago, and things seem to
work as they should.

I must say that a real stable kernel is around 3.1.4 and higher.
Mind the raid 1 bug though, if you are going to use SSD's in
raid1 with a normal disk.

(I even switched a server from ext3 to ext4 due to bugs in that
particular kernel ;-) ).

Anyway: any 3.1 bugfixed kernel with tagged ext4 is in my
experience really stable and fast.