Re: [vserver] ext4 inode tagging

From: Ghislain <gadnet_at_aqueos.com>
Date: Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 14:14:01 GMT

> hmm, what kernel/patch do you use?
>
> it might not be working as expected as nobody I know
> uses ext4 (too fragile and buggy) yet, but it should
> definitely be supported/implemented in recent kernels

if it was so buggy and fragile why those choosed it as their default
Filesystem ?

Debian <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian> ext4
Fedora <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_%28operating_system%29> ext4
Linux Mint <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Mint>^[13]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Linux_distributions#cite_note-12>
ext4
Mageia ext4
Mandriva Linux ext4
MEPIS ext3, ext4
MintPPC ext3, ext4
Network Security Toolkit ext4
openSUSE ext4
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ext4 [15]
Sabayon Linux ext4[16]
Slackware ext4

I use ext3 since the start and just started this month to use ext4 , i
have no long going experience on it yet but it seems that a lot of the
industry is thinking this one is production ready even redhat . It is
not anymore ext4dev, you have issues with it on recent kernels ?

Ghislain.