[vserver] question about util-vserver without dietlibc

From: Steve Kieu <msh.computing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 05:33:55 GMT

Hello,

the version is util-vserver-0.30.216.pre2986 build on centos6 system

When I ran configure I got

configure:10369: WARNING: *** it is strongly recommended to link
util-vserver against ***
configure:10371: WARNING: *** dietlibc; glibc's NSS functions are very
unreliable in ***
configure:10373: WARNING: *** chroot() environments, so you have to
 expect problems ***
configure:10375: WARNING: *** there.

I am not quite clear what is the use of dietlibc in the picture. If I use
tools without linking to dietlibc what damage/disadvantages I will have? I
suppose after vserver <NAME> start - the vserver environment is using
normal libc under its root dir /lib/ rather than dietglibc ? Or just all
commands I start using vnamespace for example will be affected?

Should I download dietlibc somewhere and install it ?

many thanks in advance

--
Steve Kieu