Re: [vserver] Linux-Vserver hide network information

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 12:40:02 GMT

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:09:15PM +0100, Laurens Vets wrote:
> Hello list,

> Is it possible to hide all net related information
> in a vserver guest from regular users?

do I get that right that you want to block any non-root
user from accessing any information regarding the network
setup?

> Also, is it possible to shield /proc from regular
> users?

and the same here for /proc access in general?

if so, then yes, it's possible, but it is definitely
not implemented in Linux-VServer and I doubt that it will
leave anything 'working', because /proc and some parts
of netlink are used all the time ...

please try to give some more information what you are
trying to accomplish ...