Re: [vserver] Stable Linux-VServer Release

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 17:18:23 BST

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 07:28:46PM +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 03:36:10PM +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

>> There have been numerous 'requests' for a new Stable
>> release and it seems like the Linux-VServer community
>> is willing to 'sponsor' the stabilization process ...

> [zapped]

the final? status on this is:

                        .32.x .38.x 3.0.x Other $$$ Payed
Tor Rune Skoglund - - X -
Gordan Bobic - X X -
John A. Sullivan III - - X -
Roman Vesely X - - - 500 USD P
Nikolay Kichukov X - - -
Michael Auckland - - X -
Mr Jarry - - - X
Corey Wright - - - X 100 USD P
Sandino Araico Sánchez X - - - 200 USD P
Romain Riviere - X X -
Adrian Reyer X X X X 800 EUR W
Lukasz Czarnowski X - - - 100 USD P
Ed W - - X - 500 USD W
Benedikt Böhm - - X - 900 EUR W
Jean-Francois Straeten - - X - 250 EUR W
Oliver Welter - X X - 250 EUR W
Oliver Werner - - X -
Ghislain - - X - 1000 EUR W
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson - - X -
count/weight 5/796 4/325 13/2847 3/274 4243 EUR

I received all the promised money and after substracting
the paypal/transfer/conversion fees, a total of 4219 EUR
remains which will be spent on 3.0.x (or 3.x) stabilization
in the upcoming weeks \o/

thanks a bunch for all those who contributed, we will list
them on the Hall'o'Fame as contributors for the 3.x
stabilization!

the stabilization process has already started, although
a little slowly with all the kernel.org confusion, but I
think the first signs of testing/fixes/improvements are
already there, and there will be a lot more in the next
few weeks (I hope :)

thanks again,
Herbert