Re: [vserver] grsec releases

From: Sandino Araico Sánchez <sandino_at_sandino.net>
Date: Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:41:18 BST

I uploaded a vserver-grsec patch for 2.6.38 some months ago
http://sandino.araico.net/parches/vserver/ but it has some issues
starting vservers.

I think it's time to cook an updated patch for 3.0. I will try to do it
this week.

About the patching procedure, It's not too difficult to do.
0. Unpack the vanilla kernel
0.1 copy the unpacked vanilla kernel (for diff)
1. Patch Linux vanilla with vserver
1.1. Copy the vserver-patched kernel (for diff)
2. Patch the vserver-patched kernel with grsec
3. Merge the rejects manually
3.1 If in doubt consult what they did on patched files in earlier versions
4. Apply Rik Bobbaers patch
4.1 Merge the rejects manually
5. Calculate recursive diff against vanilla kernel
5.1 Calculate recursive diff against vserver-patched kernel
6. Upload the patches

--
Sandino Araico Sánchez
http://sandino.net