Re: [vserver] Problem with delete vserver with SYS_ADMIN set

From: Steve Kieu <msh.computing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 13:15:24 BST

> an what happens when you do not give those ccapabilities?

without these, it behaves normally - delete fine, no problem so far. It only
happens in sparc , not in x86 and x86_64.

could you upload the entire log for that and keep the
> resulting filesystem for further investigation?

I will try tomorrow with ext3. Have migrated all vs into another host so it
can be free to experiment. What log are you talking about? dmesg log or
kernel.log. Should I strace it when I do a rm -rf /var/lib/vservers/NAME ?
(after vserver NAME delete failed, I tried to manually rm -rf it and same
error.

I can work around this limitation after all we I hit the brick wall - will
sshfs mount from the host through vserver fstab which will work fine I
guess.It might even be better solution in terms of security; vserver is
still only virtualization for sparc for now (lxc is still far more unstable
in my test). so it is good if this can be fixed.

Thanks,

--
Steve Kieu